Effective date: April 15, 2022
Information We Collect from You
When you use or access the Website, we may collect or receive personal information. The types of personal information we collect depend on the product or service you use. This information may include the following:
Information about you: You may provide us with information about you when you use the Website. This information may include the following:
- Contact Information: Contact information, such as name, alias, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Business Information: Business contact information, if applicable, such as name, phone number, or website and any contact information for your identified business representative.
- Account Access Credentials: When you create an account through the Website, you may be asked to provide account access credentials such as a username, password, and email address.
- Real Estate Interests: Information about your real estate buying or selling interests, such as your desired zip code and the types of properties in which you are interested.
- Other: Any other information you choose to provide when you contact us or otherwise engage with us through the Website.
Information we collect automatically: We also may collect certain other information automatically when you visit the Website, such as the following:
- Browser and Device Information: Certain information is automatically collected by most websites, such as information about your device and your browser. For example, we may receive device identifiers such as IP address and MAC address, operating system type and version, and Internet browser type and version.
- Search Engine and Other Referrals: When a third party refers you to our Website, such as clicking on a link to our page from a Google search, or clicking on an online ad for our services, we will receive some information about your device and your interaction with the referring site or content.
- Location Information: We may receive your approximate location or data that indicates your approximate location, such as your IP address.
- Email Analytics: To help us gauge the effectiveness of our communications, we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email we sent or visited a link in those emails.
Why We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We may use and disclose personal information that we collect about you for purposes that include the following:
- Providing the Website and supporting the features available to you, such as putting you in touch with a real estate professional.
- Personalizing your digital experience with us, such as enhancing features and designing relevant alerts, products, or services.
- Understanding how you and our clients use our Website and to determine what features and services may interest you and our clients.
- Operating and improving our organization and our services.
- Verifying your identity.
- To communicate with you and others, including responding to requests and providing promotional content.
- To communicate with or manage our relationships with our real estate agents and brokers.
- Troubleshooting, de-bugging, and otherwise addressing issues that may arise with the functionality of the Website.
- Protecting the legal rights, property, safety, and security of records or information, users of the Website, our organization and others, including detecting and preventing fraud, misuse of the Website, and other unauthorized activity.
- To engage in institutional risk control or resolve consumer disputes.
- Complying with industry standards, applicable law, judicial or legal process, any properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation, or any subpoena, court order, or summons issued by a competent authority, including responding to any government or regulatory request, and consistent with other purposes authorized by law.
- For such purposes as we may separately describe when or prior to collecting personal information or in notices that are presented to you through your use of the Website. We also may disclose personal information for such purposes that you otherwise authorize.
We also may aggregate or de-identify personal information. Aggregated or de-identified information will not be subject to this Policy and will be used to the extent permissible under applicable law.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We may disclose personal information:
- To our affiliates and business partners, such as mortgage and title companies that provide services that may be of interest to you.
- To our Fathom Realty real estate agents and brokers.
- To our service providers and other third parties we use to support our organization and the Website.
- To government agencies or other judicial, legal, or regulatory bodies.
- To other organizations, such as a buyer or other successor in interest, in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale, exchange, or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- We may disclose information to any organization as separately described when or prior to collecting personal information or that we identify in privacy notices that are presented to you through your use of the Website. We also may disclose personal information to organizations with your authorization or permission, such as when we request your consent to share information and you agree.
We respect your privacy and offer choices regarding our collection and use of your personal information.
- You may choose not to provide the personal information we request. However, not providing information we request may restrict your ability to use certain features of the Website. For example, we will not be able to provide you with most of the features available through our Website if you do not create an account or provide us with information with which to contact you about your real estate needs.
- You may opt out of promotional emails using the opt-out mechanism provided with those messages.
- You may edit your profile. You may choose to edit most of the information in your profile by logging in to your account.
- You may be able to restrict the collection of personal information or functionality through your device’s operating system or by disabling cookies but doing so may prevent you from using the functionality of the Website. Some Internet browsers have a “do-not-track” feature that let you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time the Website does not respond to browser “do not track” signals. We may allow third parties to use the Website to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online products or services.
We maintain safeguards intended to protect the personal information collected through the Website. The security of your personal information also depends on you. You should keep your access credentials confidential and make sure your devices and software are up-to-date to ensure the latest security measures are installed.
Links to Other Websites and Services
We may provide links to other websites and services for your convenience. For example, we many provide links to mortgage companies or title insurance companies in case those services are of interest to you, or links to our affiliate companies’ websites. Those sites and services are not subject to this Policy. The operators of the linked websites and services may have posted their own privacy policies that you should review to learn more about their privacy practices.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy to reflect changes in our privacy practices at any time and without prior notice to you. When we do so, we will update the Effective Date of the Policy, above. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org